This job offer is affiliated to the Volunteer for International Experience (VIE) French programme and as such is limited to European applicants under 30 years old.
As a Business Development Associate, you’ll be responsible for actively participating in the development of Alvéole’s business in Europe (excluding the French speaking countries). For this position we are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong scientific background. You will be supervised by our Business Development Manager based in Germany.
You are expected to:
– Actively participate in lead generation activities by phoning and emailing to initiate new business in your region
– Assist manager with preparation of visits
– Follow up sales process
– Follow up with contacts and provide necessary information
– Define user needs, evaluate market trends and competition
– Active involvement in communication with the R&D team and the application engineers to ensure coordination within different projects
– Participate in client meetings by phone or face to face
-Willingness to assist application engineers with the installation of the PRIMO system, user training, customer support and technical support in the field
-Scientific degree, PhD degree preferred, in biology or a relevant discipline within life sciences
– First working experience in the life sciences industry is a plus
– International work experience is highly valued
– Knowledge of cell biology and microscopy techniques
– Good analytical and problem-solving skills
– Ability to manage both, complex personal tasks and team work
– Experienced in time and project management
– Well organized
– Good listening skills.
– Fluent written and spoken English. Knowledge of German is an advantage.
– Excellent presentation and communication skills
– Willingness to travel (~ 50 %)
If this challenge appeals to you, and you can offer drive, commitment, and enthusiasm, we look forward to hearing from you.
Applications can be done on: https://mon-vie-via.businessfrance.fr/offres/recherche?query=alveole