The Volunteer for International Experience programme is aimed at people up to the age of 28 from France or other countries of the European Union.
Duration: From March 2019 to March 2021
As a Business Development Associate, you’ll be responsible for actively participating in the development of Alvéole’s business in Europe (excluding the French speaking countries). For this position we are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong scientific background. You will be supervised by our Business Development Manager based in Cologne, Germany.
You are expected to:
- Actively participate in lead generation activities by phoning and emailing to initiate new business in your region
- Assist manager with preparation of visits
- Follow up sales process
- Follow up with contacts and provide necessary information
- Define user needs, evaluate market trends and competition
- Active involvement in communication with the R&D team and the application engineers to ensure coordination within different projects
- Participate in client meetings by phone or face to face
- Scientific degree, PhD degree preferred, in a relevant discipline within life sciences
- First working experience in the life sciences industry is a plus
- International work experience is highly valued
- Knowledge of cell biology and microscopy techniques
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage both, complex personal tasks and team work
- Experienced in time and project management
- Well organized
- Good listening skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English. Knowledge of German is an advantage.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Willingness to travel (~ 50 %)
If this challenge appeals to you, and you can offer drive, commitment, and enthusiasm, please apply via the offer posted CiviWeb website.
We look forward to hearing from you.